Head of Applications
We are working with our client as they look to add a Head Of Applications to their well-established team based in Aberdeenshire. This leadership role will be reporting to the IT Director and would suit someone who is proactive and passionate about digital services. A candidate with fantastic interpersonal skills is a must, with the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and other members of the applications team.
Our client's office is based in Aberdeenshire, although long term, the successful candidate will enjoy the flexibility of being able to work from home too.
The role - Head of Applications:
- Manage the team to develop and support a number of key business applications and platforms.
- Ensure that the appropriate environments and processes are in place to enable all development and testing to be carried out without impacting live environments.
- Maintain the definitive portfolio of Technology Services provided to the business, articulating the business needs each service meets and the business outcomes it supports
- Monitor changes in strategy, vision, or approaches in the wider organisation to maintain alignment of the Technology portfolio with business strategy and technology investment?.
- Develop and manage a detailed transition and implementation approach to minimise disruption to normal operations?.
- Develop a team that has the appropriate skills, development tools and environments needed to develop, enhance and configure products and services
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organisation.
- Implement Agile, ITIL and DevOps frameworks
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to implement and manage application product roadmaps, status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
The person - Head of Applications
It would be beneficial, although not essential, for candidates to have experience in the below areas:-
- Excellent understanding of technology and awareness
- Experience of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Can visualise business needs and requirements
- Knowledge of development techniques and programming languages
- DevOps experience
- Good understanding of infrastructure & application landscape
- Proven track record in Service Introduction, Service Integration, Demand Management and Change Delivery
- Strong familiarity with quality and risk management concepts, reporting and monitoring
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects
This is a key role to work at a well-established global organisation. There is an exciting and rewarding career on offer for the successful candidate, along with a highly competitive salary and benefits package. For more information, please apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £48,000.00-£54,000.00 per year