Head of Fundraising and Communications
We are working exclusively with Kids Operating Room as they look to add a Head of Fundraising and Communications to their senior team. This exciting UK based charity works with partner hospitals in low- and middle-income countries to develop high quality and safe surgical services for children.
Historically the charities founders and a small number of strategic partners have funded a substantial amount of the work. However, as KidsOR now look to grow their impact, they are now looking for someone who can provide direction and strategic leadership to the Fundraising team. The successful candidate will use their specialist experience to translate the KidsOR organisational strategy into a directorate level fundraising and engagement plan.
The Role – Head of Fundraising and Communications
· Devise, implement and manage strategy for fundraising and communications teams
· To increase and diversify fundraised income and grow the donor base across all income streams
· To engage and work with major donors, prospective corporate partners and supporters, ensuring they are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress/key milestones
· Manage Fundraising and communications teams ensuring all team members receive appropriate support and guidance
· Manage and coordinate all fundraising activities and ensure team fundraising activities are planned and prioritised according to KidsOR objectives and funding accountabilities.
· Establish and maintain fundraising procedures, in-line with the Code of Fundraising.
· Provide Director of Finance & UK Operations with ongoing information to show results of activities against targets and actions being taken to ensure targets are met.
· Raise awareness of the charities’ work at local and national levels
· Communicate with the public via the media, online and through direct mail to raise profile and establish further fundraising potential
· Oversee the creation of fundraising marketing materials such as flyers, leaflets etc.
· Provide fundraising content for newsletters, website and all communication channels
The Person – Head of Fundraising and Communications
• Experience at a senior level in fundraising, with demonstrable success in securing support from individuals, securing & managing corporate partnerships, trust fundraising, development of community fundraising and events, devising and implementing committed giving schemes and development of legacy programmes.
• Exceptional knowledge of a range of relevant funding bodies and regulators including the Code of Fundraising
• Experience of digital marketing including the use of all social media channels
• Proven track record in team working and strong ability to lead and motivate a new team
• Able to cultivate long term relationships with grant-giving bodies and donors
• Developing strong media relationships and delivering media relations activity
• Resilient and positive personality, with fantastic interpersonal skills
• IOF qualifications would also be beneficial
This is an exciting and strategic position that will enable you to make a real difference. An excellent salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate. For further information please apply.